Terms & Conditions
- For new customers please arrive 10 min earlier to your scheduled appointment so to allow your pet to become familiar with the premises / staff. There will be no charge for any cancellaton however the salon would appreciate notification in advance!
- We encourage owners to leave the premises as dogs get agitated/distressed when owners are on site. However, if owners decide to stay while their dogs are attended K9 SDW will not liable for any injury sustained to the owner and anyone who accompanies them while on premises. Furthermore K9 SDW has the rights to cease services if pets get agitated / distressed.
- Your pet’s vaccination must be up to date prior to bringing them in for any grooming service.
- Collection time will be notified via phone as every dog is different which makes grooming time vary.
- Aggressive & difficult dogs: K9 Sparkling dog wash reserve the right to refuse to groom any pet for the safety of the groomer and the dog. A soft muzzle may be used or services discontinue or refused for the well being of your pet and the groomer. The owner agrees to inform K9 SDW prior if the dog has bitten or has aggressive tendencies. The owner understands they will be held liable for all bites and or any other injury caused by their dog.
- In the case of an incident or serious medical emergency during grooming or while your pet is in our care, you authorised us to obtain veterinary treatment for which you will be liable.
- Our groomers work extremely hard, and care for each dog as if they were their own. Any abusive language or behaviour towards our staff or other visitors to the salon will not be tolerated.
- Pet Records – Please provide a thorough account of any health issues, allergies or behavioural challenges appertaining to your dog. These notes are very valuable to us to give us a clear picture of the background before we being groom.
- Photographs – We take photos of each dog before during and after the groom, which we keep on file to assist us in future grooms. We may use some photos in advertising our service and/ or post to our social media sites. Most clients enjoy seeing their pet featured. Please let us know beforehand if you do not wish your pet’s photos to be made public.
- Pre-existing conditions- Your groomer may uncover evidence of a health issue while grooming your pet and will always advise you of any further recommended actions i.e. visit to the vet , dietary requirements etc.
- Sedated dogs – We do not accept dogs that are under sedation for grooming under any circumstances.
- Pregnant dogs – Whilst every care is taken with every dog, bitches that are pregnant are accepted for grooming at the owner’s risk.
- Flea policy – your groomer will check for fleas during the pregroom consultation, and will advise you if your dogs need to be treated. Any dog found to have fleas will go straight into a flea-bath with special shampoo to remove the fleas.
- Matted Coats – We have a non de-matting policy, in compliance with Animal Welfare Act (2007) section 5 which states that ‘All animals are to be protected from pain, injury, suffering & disease. Attempting to brush out heavy matting would lead to a great deal of discomfort for a dog. Instead, we will at all times advise clipping to remove the matted and damaged coat. If your pet has become matted we require your permission to clip before we begin the groom.
- client (owner) quarantees that their pet /dog/animal has up to date vaccinations covering the entire planned stay at K9 sparkling Dog Wash otherwise K9 Sparkling Dog Wash reserves the right to refuse admission. Furthermore pets should be registered.
- if the pet (s) has flees or is dirty on arrival a bath will be given and charged for without notice.
- If the pet(s) will need medications during its stay all medications must be in original pakcaging accompanied by Vet instructions label. Should the pet need vet treatment during the stay at k9 Sparkling Dog wash staff will contact the client on the contact number left . However if the client is unable to be contacted staff at K9 Sparkling dog Wash will make the descision in the best interest for the pet. The pet will be taking to the vet of our choice unless told and noted by the client on the bottom of the boarding contract to take to a specific vet. All vet bills will be required to be paid by the client as per the contract of boarding. Should the pet be taken to the clients choice of vet a fee will be charged for transport (depending on the location) and time spend at the vet. the client agrees to give permision to K9 Sparkling Dog Wash to allow personal information regarding the client and their pet to be given to or received from a duly licenced veterinarian. K9 Sparkling Dog Wash will not be held liable when transporting pets to and from vets in the unfortunate event of an accident during transportation.
- Client agrees to pay all costs and charges no later than the day of admittance of the pet to K9 Sparkling Dog Wash. Any additional charges incurred by their pet must be paid when the pet leaves K9 Sparkling Dog Wash.
- Pet (s) must be dropped off and picked up within the agreement hours/dates. Food will need to be packaged in daily portions clearly labelled.
- Under no circumstances will Sparkling Dog Wash be held responsible for any items lost destroyed or left behind on the premises such as toys, beddin, collars etc.
- Under no circumstances will K9 Sparkling Dog Wash be responsible for paralysis tick, canine influenza, injury ,sickness, death loss or damage of any kind that may occur to any pet staying at K9 Sparkling Dog Wash.
- in the event that the client’s pet damages the property in which he/she is being looked after, the client shall bear full responsibility to repair or financially reimburse to fix any such damages incurred.
- All dogs being excersised must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flee and worm control regime. All dogs must be registered.
- All dogs be walked will undergo a trial period to ensure that they are adequately trained and socialised. K9 Sparkling Dog Wash must be alerted to any behavioral or medical needs at the time of booking.
- All dogs will be walked on a lead. The client will be responsible for any veterinary bills no matter how they are incurred while the dog(s) is in the care of the K9 Sparkling Dog Wash walking company.
- The walker will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions ie heat thunder storms for the safety of both the dog and the walker.